Blood’s Point is the area’s most famous urban legend.
Many have claimed they have had experiences at Blood’s Point, while neighbors of Blood’s Point swear that it is just a legend and nothing happens and they are tired of the people coming to the area in search of the famous Blood’s Point legend. So the question remains: Is it real or just a legend?
We will begin with some reports of what people have experienced and then we will go over the history of Blood’s Point.
It has been reported as actively haunted with ghostly sights and strange activity that simply cannot be explained.
- Reports of a man with a pitchfork that guard the cemetery.
- An old witch (Witch Beaula) that allegedly killed her children by hanging them off the nearby bridge.
- Phantom vehicles chasing people that go out there. With this being said some locals and neighbors chase off thrill seekers and pretend to be a phantom vehicle by shutting off their lights and chasing people. So the phantom vehicle may or may not be true.
- People seeing full apparitions inside the cemetery and along the roadway near the cemetery.
- If you put your vehicle in neutral on the bridge, it will roll off. Now with that being said, there is an incline on the bridge. So it is naturally going to roll off the bridge due to the incline of the bridge and your vehicle being in neutral. So this myth, is fact based by physics and not really a legend.
- There used to be a shed in the far left back of the cemetery. But it has since been torn down. That shed held many legends of draining your batteries, screams from a female and small children, and mysterious lights within the shed when there was no power or anyone inside it.
- Speaking of mysterious lights, there are mysterious lights that have been spotted in the cemetery and nearby woods. To be fair, some people have purposely went out there to scare others using flashlights and other devices to replicate the mysterious lights.
- Some say they have saw a creepy clown crawling across the pavement.
- Reports of an older black lady that was reported to have been hung by the local KKK is reported to play her guitar and sing religious songs if you visit the cemetery.
As you can see there are a lot of different legends that may or may not be true. You will just have to go out there and check it out and see for yourself.
Heads up though the neighbors out there do not like anyone who checks out the Bloods Point legend. And have been known to chase off people and call the police.
So if you do go check it out, you do so at your own risk!
Founded in 1836, the Blood Points cemetery unfortunately falls prey to ghost hunters and thrill seekers, but the fact is that vandals of the historical grave site will meet with a life time of bad luck as disrespect to any of the markers of the many deceased residents of Boone County who lay beneath the tombstones and other monuments will forever haunt their souls by communicating with those from the other side that have the power to invade the mind of the living who reek of evil thoughts. Trespassers of the cemetery will be prosecuted and it is under a community watch 24 hours a day.
Below are some videos posted on Youtube of Bloods Point
- Youtube Youtube.com
- Weird Darkness https://weirddarkness.com/
- Various other sources
The information that is posted was provided to us via various sources. So we can not guarantee the accuracy of this article.If you know of any corrections or errors, please contact us.
This is for entertainment purposes only.